Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DW/FW Studio - Suddenly myterious problems with images?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beris

Technical User
Jul 12, 2001
DE
I´m working pretty fine with the Dreamweaver 4/Fireworks 5 Studio for quite a while.
Starting today, I´m facing mysterious problems.

* I can´t insert images into DW - error message: "While executing objectTag in Image.htm, a JavaScript error occurred."
* I can´t save an image in FW - error message: "Could not complete your request. An internal error occurred."
* I can´s export images in FW - error message:
"Could not export the file. An internal error occurred."

After each problem, the application is on hold and I have to end the task from the Task Manager?
Our Application Support don´t see any problems outside Dreamweaver and Fireworks.

Any ideas?
Thx in advance

Beris,

What tests have you performed? I would just reinstall studio and see if you still have the problems. That's the easiest fix. If it's not a system problem, it's probably an application problem. I've experienced the same thing with Ultradev 4 and ColdFusion Server 4.5. and just reinstalled both. f

-Bamboo

Complete reinstallation hasn´t solved the problems!
Now I´ve removed all Macromedia applications and reinstalled the Studio.
Problems are still the same - even worse. If I try to open an image out of the Fireworks /Sample folder, nothing happens and Fireworks gets on hold - till I end the task, with Windows Task Manager ??

I'm no admin, but I would do a couple more tests (actually have your tech support do this). Try installing a different copy of Studio (co-workers copy) and see if you have the same problems. This will determine if it's the software or something with your O/S. I would then try loading your copy of Studio on another machine and see if you get the same errors. If you do, than it's something with your copy of Studio.

Are you having any of these similar problems with any of your other applications (MS Office, Adobe, etc.) or just Macromedia? What O/S are you running? Mac or PC?

This is the only thing I can think of at the moment. I'll ask my other developers to see if they know of the problem.

-Bamboo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back