Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DW bug - extra code from nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

sysadmin42

Technical User
May 6, 2005
I have downloaded the trial of DW 8- I don't want to purchase a buggy product, of course.

The problem is a little hard to recreate because I can't see the problem exactly until after it happens.

Here are the steps I've taken:
1. Open a file
2. edit a few things, delete some lines, write some new code (PHP or HTML)
3. CTRL-S and then CTRL-SHIFT-U to save, then upload to the server (happens through any method of these commands, not just the shortcuts.)
4. Refresh the page in the browser

* This is where random broken code is appended to the end of the file, resulting in undesirable results. Example:
Code:
<html>
<head>
...document head code...
</head>

<body>
...document body code...
</body>
</html>
</body>
</html>s/footer1.jpg"> 
</div>
</body>
</html>
Note the last 4 lines. When I saved the file, it wasn't there. Nor is in my local copy.

5. Then, I "get" the file from the server
6. Open the file in DW or notepad and the extra code shows up.

So, somehow in the process of uploading, DW is inserting code into the upload stream, but not saving it in my local file.

This only happened after I ran the DW 8.0.2 updater. Very odd. Any ideas how to fix? Is this just because it's a trial copy or what?

"Computer illiterate is a dirty word."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back