Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVI-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

thud105g

Technical User
Dec 8, 2003
US
I have a Dell XPS 3.2 Ghz, 1Gb of memory twin hard drive both 50% full attached to a Sony LCD monitor, this configure has been unchanged for about a year. I now have a information message (not an error message) that says

No Input Signal
Input3 : DVI-D
Go to Power Save

When this message showed up it reboots itself and I got the first MS screen then Welcome Sceen and then the information box about a minute later it reboots it self and the the cycle starts again. Periodically it will allow me to boot in safe and I get Icons and everything seems to be normal.

I really don't know where to start looking for an answer. Any help would be appreciated.

If it's starting to load Windows it's very possible that your system could just be blue screening and automatically restarting.

After the Dell logo disappears when your computer boots, hit F8 a couple of times to bring up the Windows startup menu. Select "disable automatic restart on system failure" and have it boot your Windows installation. If that's what the problem is it should bring up a blue screen with a ton of text on it. The first few lines will usually help isolate the problem somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back