Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVD Writer - Disks not initializing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohmbru2

Technical User
Jul 24, 2001
US
Win XP Home, SP2

I'm using Pinnacle Studio Ver 10 to burn DVDs on LG DVD Writer. I have had it for a couple of years and burned many DVDs. I burned 2 yesterday. Today the Pinnacle Studio will not recognize that there is a blank disk in the drive. Install disks spin up in the the LG and it otherwise seems fine. I'm using DVD+R disks. Prior to the new package of disks I bought yesterday (DVD+R) I used DVD recordable. Could this be the source of my problem? The first 2 DVD+Rs burned fine, but now the disks will not even be recoginzed.

If the first two + discs burned fine, then it's unlikely to be the disks. I would first try alternate media, then try the drive in another computer.

The drive is probably defective, but it doesn't hurt to cover the bases.

"We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - Major Mike Shearer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back