Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVD won't play on Windows ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

salbee2

Technical User
Apr 17, 2001
I have a dvd of a graduation from a family member which will play on XP but on my ME. The message comes back as "E drive cannot read disc".

Other dvd discs (home made or professional) work fine on my ME, except for this one.

What should I look for as problem areas?????

Try making another copy of the DVD - optical media/drives are temperamental, you may have just got a disk & drive which are not compatible. A new copy might just solve it.

What type of DVD media is it?

Some DVD players will only play + media, whiles others may only read - media. And then now a majority read both +/- media.

Computer/Network Technician
CCNA

For DVD players that's true. But for computer DVD-ROMs, generally they can read either, or at least that's been my experience across many brands of DVD-ROMs.

~cdogg
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

he didn't specify, so I went with it.. should have said burner instead of player.

Computer/Network Technician
CCNA

A DVD-ROM is not a burner. I am talking about computer DVD drives in general. Although he did not clearly state this, he said he was playing them in Windows ME - hence, computer.

What you are referring to are set-top DVD players, you know the ones you hook up to your TV.

~cdogg
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back