Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVD-ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

yobrad52

Technical User
Jun 10, 2003
US
I, like a lot of people, have been experiencing the problem of WindowsXP PRO not reading dvds from the dvd-rom. This is driving me crazy, and all Microsoft does is want me to go but a decoder from a third party. Has anybody figured out a way to get dvs to work without buying decoders?

Well obviously there seems to be a problem win WinXP and DVDs. I found this out yesterday and I want to correct the problem asap. I've read many posts about WinXP VS DVD, and I can't seem to be able to find a solution to the problem.

A friend suggested that I try downloading and installing a Atapi DVD Driver (I'm not quite sure what my DVD drive is, but supposedly this driver is generic, so it should be all good). Any ideas on where I could find such a driver?

Thanks,

dan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back