Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVD-R Compatability Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmiccolis

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2002
US
I am using a NEC 1300a DVD-rw/+rw combo drive. DVD-r discs burn fine using Nero 6.0 but are not recognized by a very new panasonic dvd home player. If I put a menu on the dvd, the dvd player will read the disc and cue up to the menu but will not play any of the movies. I tried both *.avi and *.mpeg source movies then authored the dvd. Same result. Burned disc is read by my pc but not by the television dvd player. Using memorex discs. Panasonic is rated for dvd-r discs. I'm trying to transfer home movies to dvd. Help anyone!

Did you try a different brand of DVD-R media?

no, but using memorex and works fine with sonic mydvd. Just can't get it to work with Nero. Thanks for the answer--any other thoughts? I suspect it's in the encoding of the software when the dvd gets burned.

Thanks! I'll let you know what happens!

You may have already tried this, but did you try a DVD+R/RW disc instead? After all, you might as well put that dual-format burner to good use. If the "+" format doesn't work either, I'd say it has to do with the way the DVD is being created.

Since it works in Sonic MyDVD, I doubt a firmware update is going to make much difference although it doesn't hurt to try.

This site may have some answers for you, as well as some additional tools for you to use:

~cdogg
[tab]"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind"
[tab][tab]- Aristotle

I would try two things before I tried a firmware upgrade.

1. Try another brand of dvd disks

2. Try using rw disks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back