Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dvd player problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

qleader

Technical User
Dec 20, 2001
US
I have just installed Windows 2000 on a Compaq Presario 7000 w/ p4 1.5 ghz, 512mb ram, geoforce 2 nvidia card, sound blaster live. I have a Matshita LF-d210 DVD Ram drive that I am tring to get to work. When I insert a DVD movie I get an message box saying basically I need to go to hardware-update.com.... that is not any help. Compaq does not want to help, because they say the computer is made for Windows 98/me/xp. What a joke. It will play an audio cd and any other cds is not a prob. Do I need special drivers for the dvd player, or a decoder software to play DVD movies. What is the deal???? I have download a player software, but that did not work either. I have not used a dvd like this before so, I am not sure what I am looking for. Any help would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back