Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVD Playback Shuttered or Jerky on some frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

clear7

MIS
Apr 1, 2005
US
Please help my DVD insanity!

My original Hi 8 footage is all hand held. When a movie is made from this footage in Premiere Pro 1.5 it looks smooth in rendering and playback modes. When the Premiere movie is put out to DV tape on my camcorder it looks fine. But once I burn it to DVD and then play it on the TV I find some of the frames (such as leaves moving in the wind, bumpy road shots or speeded up motion) come out very shuttered, jerky or even double image. I never have this problem when burning to DVD if all original footage is shot with a tri-pod.

Hopeful for a solution,

clear7

Specs:

560 Camera Digital 8 Sony (firewire)

Compaq Presario AMD ATHLON ™ 64 Processor 3200+ 1.79 ghz 640 mb of ram Windows XP- Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5

A couple things.. When you are rendering out your video what are you rendering it out?

Are you rendering out AVI or MPEG to later use Encore?

If you are rendering out a DVD from PremierePro I would check your encoding settings.. Try the highest possible first to see if the same thing happens..

I would guess it's your encoding and the amount of motion going on during the frame.

Patrick

I agree with cykopat - sounds like your encoding process is questionable. Please detail how you export your project to DVD format and this will help pinpoint the problem.

I don't use PPro 1.5, still stuck back in the ice ages with Premiere 6.5, but I do know my version has poor DVD quality when exporting (similar to symptoms you list). I export to uncompressed AVI from Premiere, then use a third party (e.g., TMPGEnc) to encode to DVD format. Results are much better.

PPRO and Adobe Encore (if you so use) use the MainConcept encoder. Overall it does very well when selecting Highest Quality.

However you can encode with a custom settings as well. One thing also is make sure your not dropping frames when rendering out.. Here's what I do when the final cut is ready from PPRO 1.5.1

I export as an uncompressed .avi file, it takes a little longer. Than I import into Encore and have it transcode in them or I use tmpenc to encode my MPEG for DVD..

Just my 2 cents.

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back