Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVD playback/ DMA problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kannanof

Technical User
Dec 9, 2001
US
I hope someone might have some help for me. Here's what I have:
1.2GHz AMD K7VZA mobo VIA chipset
384 MB RAM PC 133
20Gb HD
ATI AGP RADEON SDR Video card 64MB RAM
12x Delta DVD-rom
20x CD-RW
Windows 2000 Pro w/ Service Pack 2
WINDVD 2000 Software

I've tried just about everything possible from updating drivers to tweaking things. What happens is that, when I play a DVD, sudden frames pause and its almost like the system can't keep up fast enough but I have what I believe to be a pretty up to par system. Theres just glitches. Also some static with the sound. Very faint though.
I want to be able to enjoy the dvds but the movie just randomly pausing ruins it. I have tried the dvd's in a real dvd player and they work fine.
I also tried using a PCI based ATI All in Wonder 128 PRo video card with 32MB so I thought having 64 would be better.
The other thing is that sometime ago, I got a message when I was installing something saying that My Dvd-rom might not have the DMA enabled. I;ve tried looking everywhere in Windows 2000 and can't find the enable/disable option. I of course looked through device manager and checked its properties.

If anyone knows where I can find the DMA selection or anything that will help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back