Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVD leads to No Detected devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigz

Technical User
Jun 22, 2001
DE
Putting the CDrom and DVD (seperate drives)on secondary IDE - and, on bootup no devices at all are detected. But when I take the DVD out, its all fine.
Even trying the DVD on both master and slave on the secondary IDE cable, changing jumpers - all configurations tried.
Every time I put the DVD in, no devices turn up.
Its the first DVD Ive put in, but should be simple....
any ideas?

If you just purchased the dvd, send it back for a replacement - they should work with no hassles, and if it's causing problems like that, something is definately wrong with the drive.

I *tend* to agree with dakota81 and what he said, about "should work with no hassles," but,
* how old is the computer / mainboard ?
It's possible that the DVD, being new hardware, and an ATA/33 device, isn't getting setup by the BIOS.
Just a thought.

* In the future, for all people posting problems, *Please post system information. You will get better help that way.
It will save time.

Thanks Dakota81, Jakespear,

I didnt really purchese it new, its a pull from another machine(unknown)
Model of the DVD -all data I can find: Pioneer DVD-113 and another code- dvd-113ba
the system Im trying to make it work on is:
W98, Intel Celeron 433 on a PC100 mobo, with 256mb ram,
6gig HD and 48speed CDrom.

Should I be looking to manually set it up in the BIOS then?
Instead of Auto select?

And which is better for the DVD, being master or slave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back