Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVD Drive missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeitie

MIS
Mar 13, 2003
IE
Guys,

I have a Windows 2000 pc which cant see the DVD Drive. It is in device manager and claims to be running properly, but when I go into disk management, it is not there. I have run all the spyware porgramd that I can think of and I have done a full virus sweep with AVG Free.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regs,

Roy.

Hmm ... might want to try updateing your systems firmware ... this is usualy available from the manufactures website.

Rob

If part of the problem is that you cannot install the DVD drivers in device manager and you get a Microsoft error # ?, then google that error message. There is a known bug that is fixed by modifying the registry. The bug is that the DVD is not recognized although everything seems to be working.
The bottom line is use the device manager to troubleshoot your DVD device, including the usual uninstall and re-install. When you get your error message, google it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back