Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVD Drive Ejection - Power Profile Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn9999

Programmer
Jun 19, 2004
US
I've run into a DVD drive that won't open upon pressing the eject button or using the software option. It thunks a number of times, but will ultimately open after a number of attempts (usually when the light on the front of the drive flashes). I'm not seeing a reference to this problem, so I'm guessing it's not a hardware problem, especially since the tray ejection does work. I've looked into Windows 8.1 and I'm not seeing a specific power profile setting for optical drives, which seems relevant since it seems the drive is powering up when the button is first pressed. I did find , which seems relevant but didn't work (the value wasn't present anyway, so I'm guessing the system doesn't support it). There is no issue ejecting the drive if there is media present in the drive, which again points to the power issue.

So any thoughts on how to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back