Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DVD/CD drive not being recognized by computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantichd

Programmer
Nov 12, 2002
US
Hello,

I just finished putting together a new PC using this motherboard

When it boots up it doesn't recognize my CD/DVD drive. I know the drive works because I just took it out of another PC where it worked fine.

I've checked the connections and they appear to be correct. The power is definitely right because I can press the button on the drive to open close the tray.

When I go into the BIOS settings I don't see the drive but I'm not really sure where it would show up. The Standard CMOS Features menu shows 6 SATA entries, drive A, drive B and a Floppy 3 Mode Support entry. But nothing for my IDE drive.

I've checked the other BIOS setup screens and it looks like everything is turned on properly to be able to handle my IDE drive.

One thing I noticed in the mobo manual is the following sentence "the IDE port connects up to two IDE drives at Ultra ATA/100 mode..." Are there different modes for IDE drives?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David

Never mind. I'm an idiot!

It had recognized it I just didn't know where to look. When I went into the boot priority screen and scrolled down through the list of devices I found the DVD drive.

Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back