Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dv-out from premiere problem: tried 2 dv cams, etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

haga

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2001
GB
hi I can import to premiere fine but cannot play on or export to dvcam. I even bought a new dvcam as thought it must have been my original one! I have replaced firwire card, cable, reinstalled premiere, doublechecked all dvcam settings (change scratch device each time I try the other dvcam as I still have both). I am on xp, with sp1 installed and pc works fine in all other areas (captures fine and shows dvcam as online).
Anyone have any other ideas?
head banging on wall.......

Haga
Did you find a solution to your problem?
I have a very similar problem. I can also import files form my Sony DV cam, but I can't export back out to tape. I can preview to a monitor using the cameras codec just fine.

I'm using a Dell Inspiron 8200 with a Gforce 4 video card I have 512mb of ram and I'm running on XP also. Hmm?

hi there

No, still working on it; have tried everything except change mobo, which is my next job - I await response to queries made to Asus (not hugely helpful). Have tried new cables, cards, different software and dvcams, reinstalling OS, running with adobe on an otherwise clean system, tried software and hardware on a friend's setup (different motherboard) - and it worked!!! So am at a loss, sorry . . .. .

I got it to work! It was an IRQ conflict.

Try this, click on My Computer/properties/hardware profiles
you will see a profile there default name Profile 1. Select it and copy it with a new name like (DV Settings). hit OK
Restart your computer and you will get an option with your new Dv Setting name. Select it.
go to My Computer/properties/hardware profiles again and this time select device manager.
I don't know what devices on, but I recomend you disable every thing that you don't need to export your video.

restart and it should work if you disabled the conflicting hardware.

Yes, this helped me on a number of problems. The thing that seemed to be the culprit was my network card. Turned out to be convenient also because I was never tempted to surf the web or do e-mail while I was doing video work. [smile]

Cheers,
[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back