Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duration for Opportunity/Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

vgangoo

Technical User
Dec 20, 2012
US
This is a doosie. I've been trying to determine the amount of time spent on the projects listed in the opportunity/project field of appointments we create. Since that field doesn't exist in either Cal or ContHist, only a mere reference to it, I've been running reports off of Cal and ContHist, locating the opportunity/project from the Reference field (we duplicate the information into that field specifically for reporting purposes). It's useful & functional, but now it's time for the real thing. I really need to be able to run one report that will tell me how much time is spent on opportunity/projects. Can anyone tell me how to do this & will it take tons of SQL skills (which I don't have)?

Complete an Activity for each task linked to the opportunity/project, and pull the data out of ContHist. The Duration is the amount of time.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- GoldMine Premium - The Definitive Guide
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

Is there a way to get rid of the "(oc:...)" information that attaches itself to the Ref information in conthist? I can do an Excel data parse to get rid of it after the report is output to Excel, but I'd rather not have to do that extra work.

When you pull the data you must use expressions as (oc: is embedded into the ContHist.Ref.

DJ Hunt

When you pull the data, you must use expressions as the (oc: is embedded in the ContHist.Ref field.

DJ Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back