Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplication of data in report

Status
Not open for further replies.

piratedog

Programmer
Aug 1, 2002
US
Sorry, but my first question is a wasted thought. After checking, suppressing dupplication does not give me accurate numbers.
Here is my problem.
I have 4 tables. I need info from each table. Customer name, Customer number, item number and qty bought.
I have the correct fields but my data is severely duplicated. Any ideas, on how this can be solved. I have linked one-to-many and tried linking each table from the preceding table with no change in my report. I can verify the numbers but they are duplicated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. [puppy]

I'm guessing that your issue is that you are trying to count customers or sum a field in the customer table.

Since each customer record gets joined to many line_items, you get inflated numbers.

The simplest solution is to count or sum the customer information via a Running Total (Insert, Field Object, Running Total Fields:...).

Group your report on Customer_ID and in the Running Total creation dialog, pick the option to Evaluate the total only once for Each Customer_ID group.

Cheers,
- Ido CUT & Visual CUT: E-mailing, Exporting, Bursting, Distribution, and Scheduling of Crystal Reports:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back