Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

duplicating unbound combo boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

iainm

Technical User
Nov 28, 2001
AU
I have a button on all my forms which duplicates a record - taken from the access button wizard. On all my forms I also have a pair of combo boxes which allow users to set a field to search or sort by. The search and sort occurs on click of a button beside each of these boxes, or on update of the boxes themselves. Every time I duplicate record, it copies the combo boxes as well as the bound control in my form. This is an update, so what happens is I get my form resorted and the find record dialog pops up (yes, it took me ages to work out that this was the bug). Is there a way to tell it to copy the record but only copy the fields as they appear in the table? Perhaps I could set it up so that Access can't set the focus to those controls and have an error trap that does nothing. I figure I could just take out the on update events and rely on the buttons, but I kinda like that feature. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back