Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicating Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMosley804

Technical User
Oct 15, 2007
US
Crystal XI
IBM DB@
JRC 2.0

We are having a strange problem with sorted columns and grouping when rendering reports in CR4E (v2.0) on IE 7 with reports created by Crystal XI. Basically, when certain columns are selected to sort in the parameterized view(the sorts are parameterized group sorts), some of the groups are repeated with eronious data. The data is wierd because not only do the groups appear multiple times, but the metrics are incorrect, and the summing of the metrics are incorrect. This is not happening for every column being sorted, only certain ones.

I should mention that the summarized totals of all groups summed together is correct. The eronious data and incorrect addition only happens when one drills down through various groups and sub groups.

Are there known compatiblity issues with parameterized sorting in reports created with CRXI and being displayed in CR4E v2.0? I know that CR4E v1.0 did not even support parameterized sorting. Would Crystal 2008 solve this problem for us?

I'm not sure I fully understand the question. But since no one else has answered, I'll try.

A few years back I had a problem with a report that was treating identical values as if they were different. IN particular it would not recognise zero as zero, some of the time.

These were results based on a calculation, and I finally worked out that my Crystal (based on SQL) was retaining infinitessimal values. Once I rounded the value using a formula field and used that, the problem went away.

Hope this helps.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 10 & 11.5 with Windows XP [yinyang]

thanks madawc,

I had thought about that and modified the caluclations to use rounding but the problem persisted.

After hours of troubleshooting and research I learned that the JRC does not support original order sorting for group which is what I was using. Once I remove the original order sort from the group the problem dissipated.

thanks again for looking into this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back