Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

duplicating attributes when copying user

Status
Not open for further replies.

morpheu5

Technical User
Oct 31, 2002
GB
I have created a template of a user and when I copy this template everything is duplicated except the streetAddress attribute. I am aware that in the schema you have a tick box "copy this attribute when duplicating a user" but this is greyed out on this attribute.

Going through documentation I did read somewhere that you can only change this setting when the attribute is in the user class which 'streetAddress' is not.

Is there any way around this ... I appreciate it is not a major thing but it has really frustrated me as postcode etc ... which will set the street address anyway in the real world is duplicated !!! and it is just one of those things that I do not want my Techsupport guys to have to retype every time.

Do I just add the attribute to the user class ? I am not a programmer so attributes, classes and the effects of changing them are whole new world to me !

Thanks for any help in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back