Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicates

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteninja

IS-IT--Management
Jun 18, 2007
TT
Fellas Could U Please help

Table 1
Docno Applytodocnono Salespkey
31032 106566 H01
31032 105699 H01
31032 105870 H01

Table 2
Docno Itemkey Quatity
31032 ABC 1
31032 DEF 2

I am trying to link both tables using Docno.
I grouped Salespkey from table 1 then Docno from table 2 because I need to show sales by salesperson.
However the quantity is showing for each record in table 1 - totaling 9.

I want it to show
H01
ABC 1
DEF 2

Total 3

I assume you are already grouping by Salespkey. Create a lower-level group for Itemkey.

From the example you give, I assume you're wanting the Maximum for 'Quatity', rather than the totals which would be 3 and 6.

To add the two values of Maximum might need a variable, but you might be able to do it with a Running Total.

If you're not already familiar with Crystal's automated totals, see FAQ767-6524.

It always helps to give your Crystal version - 8, 8.5, 9, 10, 11 or whatever. Methods sometimes change between versions, and higher versions have extra options.

Also please remember that not everyone here is a 'fella'. There are some very good female programmers about.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back