Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

duplicates in excel or access

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolfan1873

Technical User
Aug 10, 2004
US
i have a table with part number, sometimes the partnumbers are repeated by the engineer with a new revision, i can not just delete the duplicates, when i work in excel or access with the table as you know it only looks at the first number when you are doing a compare, is there a way to make excel (or access) to compare 2 tables and look at all the data (like duplicates).

what i do is compare 2 tables to put in received dates in a database, i do the compare in excel (have tried access with no luck), when it does the compare and comes across a duplicate, whichever one is first in the column, i puts that date in the other table for every occurrence giving me false dates, is there a way to make it look at all occurrences seperately.

Can you sort the data in descending order then do the compare? It should then see the most recent record first.

The only bad question is the question you dont ask!

Lots of ways:-

Regards
Ken..............

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back