Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicates in CSV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloke152

Programmer
Aug 9, 2005
NO
Hi All,

We have recently upgraded to Crystal reports 2008 from Crystal Reports 9.

I have been making some changes to a report that was created in Crystal 9 today and it appears that every time I export it to csv from Crystal 2008 the data is getting duplicated many times. It works fine when exporting to anything else, just csv that has the issue.

Also the data is fine on the report. There is nothing suppressed that could be showing, all data is in the group header with the other sections (all empty) suppressed.

Has anyone else ever come across anything like this or have any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks

I had a similar proble, see thread149-1622628. It seems to be a problem with higher versions. And there is no fix, unfortunately.

There is a work-round, export as text. I've found that if you take a text file with comma-delimited data and change its ending, it works fine as csv.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 11.5 with SQL and Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back