Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicated Query Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

damaruk

Technical User
Aug 2, 2000
GB
I have set up a query using 2 tables of information. When I do a search using a single filed from the main table the query is duplicating the record. I have checked and there is only one customer record. Any suggestions?

What sort of relationships do you have set up? Is there a one to many relationship from the main table to the secondary table? Is there a relationship between two tables when you design the table?

You probably need to change the join type in the query. To do this, you need to right click on the line that shows the relationship between the two tables and select join properties. You need to include all records from the main table and only those records in the secondary table that are equal.

Mike Rohde
rohdem@marshallengines.com

I have set up a relationship at the design stage. I will try your recommendation.

Thanks for your help

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back