Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

duplicate_image

Status
Not open for further replies.

doug1ct

Technical User
Nov 17, 2004
GB
Hi,
I have been running the duplicate_image utility /usr/openv/netbackup/goodies and this works very well for offsite storage, however I now want to do a test restore from a saved tape.
I reintroduced the tape into the robot and thought I had to import it then to show the images, but it does not like this & says unable to complete the procedure as media ID already in use. Which it is, the duplicate images go to a seperate pool known as Duplicates.
The tape is known to the robot and can be seen in media and reorts/media list etc, so how do I get NB to list the images so I can promote them to become the primary and ultimately restore to a free area for test purposes.

Regards Doug

Hi,
Please don't reply to this as I have solved the problem.
For anyone interested my original procedure was right.
IE. inventory robot to introduce tape, import tape, promote imported tape to primary copy,restore from it.
Where I went wrong was not being patient with the import, took about 20 minutes, and then starting another import session without deleting first one, ho hum.
Regards Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back