Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

duplicate values in dropdown:MOST URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

paritosh123

Programmer
Oct 28, 2005
IN
I am getting the error in a grid which has combobox.
This combobox allows only to select unique values from the list.
Whenever i selects the same value in another combo which is already selected in the grid, its shows the popup with the below message and makes us not to click anywhere else in the application.

"The changes you requested to the table were not successful because they would create duplicate values in the index, primary key, or relationship.Change the data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries, and try again".

And when i delete the duplicate value selected in combobox it shows the popup with this message "Index or primary key cannot contain NULL value".

I simply wants this :
Whenever user selects duplicate value, message must be displayed and user comes out from that combo.

Please help urgently

It sounds like the record is trying to save itself as you complete the combo boxes. You need to perform any checks your making without saving the record. This will aloow you to keep editing within the form.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Taff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back