Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicate project files in D2007? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorjellybean

Programmer
May 5, 2003
When I want to open a project, there appears to be 2 project files in the open dialog.

IMG

Note the dates and times are different.

IMG

Is it possible to show only one project file? I've looked in Options, etc, but can't seem to find anything.

Thank you.

Windows comes, by default, misconfigured in a way that decreases security and increases confusion.

Click "My Computer" to get an Explorer window.
Then from the "Tools" menu choose "Folder Options...".
Click the "View" tab.
Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".
While you are at it, you might as well select "Show hidden files and folders".
Apply.

I'm not trying to be a snot here. It is just that there is no good reason to have file identities befuddled as they are presented to the user. When developing, file extensions and types are very important (as you know).

Once you fix the above, take another look at those files in the "open" dialogue.

Hope this helps.

Thank you. that does the trick. One is a DPR and the other a DPROJ file. Now from what I understand, both are Delphi project files. Are they both the same thing?

No. I just recently began using D2006 from D5 so I don't know all the details... but the Delphi Project file stores XML information about the project (compiler configuration, etc) not found in the DPR.

Glad to have helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back