Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicate Passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattymcse

Technical User
Mar 12, 2002
US
I have 40 sniffers across my network that I change the passwords on monthly. Does anyone know of an automated way to do this? Thanks!

If these are Ethernet or Gig DSPRO sniffers you can purchase a product from NAI called nPO manager. This allows you to do authentication and management of all your DSPRO's on your network. You can also use NT Domain, Radius and TACACS 3rd party authentication

Hi,
The alternative way (which is not supported by NAI), is to copy the file which holds the User information from one agent to another.
The file which contains this user information is "snifferprob.act". It is located in the following area of each Sniffer Distributed Appliance/agent;
C:\program files\nai\dsproagentnt\program

To Duplicate this information do the following;
1. Edit the users/passwords on one agent.
2. Copy the file "snifferprob.act" from the Sniffer
3. Paste into the same area of every other Sniffer
4. Reboot the sniffer or stop and start the DSAgentSvr service in "Services", for the new changes to be accepted.
This should save you some time.
Alf

Hi Alf,

I wouldn't have a problem supporting that ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back