Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicate Meeting request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2003
US
One of my user is having this strange issue:

WHEN ANOTHER EMPLOYEE SENDS HIM A MEETING REQUEST IT SHOW UP IN HIS CALENDAR (WHICH IS OK).

WHEN THE ORGANIZER OF SUCH MEETING UPDATES THE MEETING (EITHER CHANGES THE BODY, SUBJECT OR TIME/DATE OF THE MEETING), THE ORIGINAL REQUEST IS NOT REMOVED FROM HIS CALENDAR AND INSTEAD HE ENDS UP WITH 2 COPIES OF THE SAME MEETING, WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO KNOW WHICH ONE IS THE MOST CURRENT ONE. IF THE ORGANIZER CHANGES THE MEETING AGAIN, IT WILL APPEAR A THIRD TIME ON HIS CALENDAR!

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Does the user having the problems actually accept the first meeting request? I can't check at the moment but I think that if the user doesn't accept the first meeting request then any updates will appear as a new request in the user's calendar.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read FAQ690-6594: How to ask the best questions and site policies before posting.

I tested on office 2007, between me and user I tested, could not recreate.
Some time ago, I saw some troubles with users with similar problems, they using a handheld device to schedule their meetings. It was causing a ruckuss with the calendar.
See if they are using a handheld device.

Hi all,

cmeagan656 - whether he accepts the meeting or not, the newly update request will show up along with the orginal one.
robmazco - We are still on MS office 2003. yes, he does have a blackberry device.

Could be 2003 thingy, or my better guess is the blackberry.
Have them do the same thing ONLY from outlook, do not touch the blackberry

hi robmazco - we did just that, but still doesnt fix the issue.

Using 2 users as test, remove any delegates if they have them, then readd them.
Can also try to create new email profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back