Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicate lines for the same record - how to surpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

rose12346

Technical User
Mar 12, 2014
US
I have a crystel report 9 which collects all the merchandise details for all the physical units packed within a shipping carton. There are several hundred cartons and they represent orders for customers. I have a unique identified that highlights the carton/order which is represents a gift. For each carton/order which is a gift I wrote a forumla that would display carton comments just for the gift carton/order. Here is what I am attempting to resolve:
Carton A is a Gift and has 3 unique merchandise items therefore there are 3 lines for this carton on my report. The comment is "1 gift box" but the comment appears for each of the 3 lines and I would only like it to display for the first line within the carton. Is there a way to indicated if a field value does not equal the next field value then print else surpress?

I would appreciate any help.

Rose12346

Right click on the field --> Format Field. On the Common tab you'll see 'Suppress if Duplicated". That should do the job for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back