Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicate entries in calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snooz

Technical User
Aug 3, 2001
US
I'm using Office 2003 and recently after I synced with my Palm I noticed that there are duplicate entries in my calendar. Is there a simple way to delete the duplicate entries?

Thanks,
Snooz

In your sync properties, you probably have it set that if it finds both entries modified to use both (or some such wording, depending on versions). The only thing I found to take care of that is to make sure Outlook is right, then set it to always use Outlook as the deciding factor and sync it again. This should blow away your Palm entries unless they are exactly like the Outlook entries. Good Luck.

Sawedoff

Ya, but that means that I have to go over all my past appointments in my Outlook and delete them individually before I resync.

Is there a way in Outlook to automatically delete calendar entries after so many days? I assume that those past entries start taking up some memory after a few years.

Thanks

Right-click on your calendar, choose properties. Under Auto-archive, there is an option to clear ut old items.

Sawedoff

If you are using outlook 2003, I suspect that it's recurring entries that are duplicating?

Open Outlook, select calendar, VIEW > ARRANGE VIEW > CURRENT VIEW > RECURRING ENTRIES....

This will list all entries in one view for easier deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back