Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

duplicate devalias entries

Status
Not open for further replies.

1drivera

Technical User
Jan 12, 2004
US
I have duplicate devalias entries. I want to delete one of them. I have followed this example.

""Check for duplicate devalias entries in OBP.

The suninstall utility may not work properly if you have defined duplicate devaliases in OBP. Use the devalias command to check the aliases. The output may resemble the following example.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok devalias
net /sbus@41,0/qec@0,20000/qe@1,0
ttya /ssp-serial
ssa_b_example /sbus@40,0/SUNW,soc@0,0/SUNW,pln@b0000000,XXXXXX/SUNW,ssd@0,0:a
ssa_a_example /sbus@40,0/SUNW,soc@0,0/SUNW,pln@a0000000,XXXXXX/SUNW,ssd@0,0:a
isp_example /sbus@40,0/QLGC,isp@0,10000/sd@0,0
net_example /sbus@40,0/qec@0,20000/qe@0,0
net /sbus@41,0/qec@0,20000/qe@0,0
ok

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note -
If any devaliases are defined twice (for example, net is defined twice in the above example), you should remove the extra devalias entries.

If any duplicate entries exist in the devalias file, remove them.

The following example removes the last created net devalias. You may have to issue a second nvunalias command if the second net alias is the incorrect one. Then issue an nvalias command to create the correct net device alias.

ok nvalias net""

When ever I type nvunalias disk "I have 2 showing Disk and Disk0" it goes to the ok prompt but when i type devalias it still shows.

Any sugestions??

Thanks in advance for your help.

D,Rivera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back