Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicate desktop on multiple monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estevezz

IS-IT--Management
Apr 19, 2002
CA
Hi,

I'd like to put the same Desktop in windows98 on multiple monitors. I have installed 2 video cards in my system but all i can do is extend the desktop. What i want to do is display the same desktop on both monitors so i can work and let my students see the same desktop.

Anybody got a solution ?
thanks,

A video card with tv out like a geoforce2 mx400 will allow you to display a copy of your desktop to a TV.

If memory serves me right, in the display properties you will find a check box for "extend desktop" - uncheck that box.

Regards.

I've seen in the past an external driver box that kicks the signal to multiple displays.
Probably would try on line catalogs for Global ,JDR, or Black Box. Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back