Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicate contacts in address book

Status
Not open for further replies.

molecul3

Technical User
Apr 17, 2003
HK
Hi all,

I am not sure if this is a known issue or not..
I took a backup of user's bb and reactivated it.
There was an issue where the send option was missing when you replied to any emails. I read a post in another forum which advised to remove user from the BES and readd - then.. reactivate. I did exactly that and it solved the problem with the send button.

Before returning the device to the user.. I just browsed through his address book to make sure entries were not lost. I noticed duplicate entries (sometimes 3 to 4) of the same contact in his address book. The duplicates only appear for address in Exchange and not "personal" contacts. Would the reactivation have caused this?

Hope I am making some sense and hope you could advise...
Thanks all

Alot of times when you back a device up, you get duplicate email, calendar events, contacts ect. I don't usuall back them up. Just rebuild them. All pertinent information should be stored on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back