Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplicate calendars in Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrphibes

Technical User
Sep 16, 2005
US
Hello Forum, I dont know if this is the right place to post this issue,,but It was suggested to me that I might find an answer here. I have a problem that pops up from time to time.
Clients who have delegate access to other peoples mailboxes, sometimes end up with duplicate calendars listed under the "My Calendars" window in Outlook 2007.
These clients are all on an Exchange 2010 mail system and are running Vista or Windows 7 Enterprise Edition.
I have tried removing the troublesome calendar from the users account settings.Both calendars disappear from the list. I will then re-add the offending calendar and sure enough,the 2 duplicate calendars show up again. Now this is not a problem if you simply want to view a calendar that you have been given access to by going to the file menu/Open other users folder/ etc. Those show up in the "Other Peoples calendars" (no duplicates) window just below the main "My Calendars" window.
Again, this only seems to happen to those individuals who have been made Delegates, and have added the Mailbox account via the account settings/Change/More Settings/Advanced tab/ add mailbox in Outlook..Those who open a calendar by going to File/open other users folder dont end up with duplicates. I should also mention that this doesnt happen with all the calendars that a client has delegate access to.They might have 5 mailboxes they manage,,and maybe one or two will have duplicates. Hope i didnt make that sound more complicated that necessary.And my apologies if this is he wrong place to post if this is an outlook, rather than an Exchange issue.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back