Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplexing or Mirroring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince17

MIS
Feb 4, 2000
CA
Anyone run into a problem with Win2K and duplexing.<br><br>in my server I have the following:<br><br>AHA-2940U2W - Primary HD - SCSI ID 0<br><br>AIC-7890 - Secondary HD - SCSI ID 1<br><br>The system and boot partitions get installed on the Primary drive, but when I go into disk administrator, the Primary drive shows as DISK 1 and the secondary shows as DISK 0, and I cannot duplex my Primary drive to my secondary drive.<br><br>Any ideas?

Try to assign different SCSI ID's !<br>ID 0 is mostly used by the host adapter<br>Tyr moving to for example ID 2 and ID 3 <p>Peter Van Eeckhoutte<br><a href=mailto:peter.ve@itinera.be>peter.ve@itinera.be</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Are you saying you have 2 SCSI adapters with one disk on each?&nbsp;&nbsp;If so, uyou probably need to mess around in the sytem setup to try and force boot order. <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back