Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

duplex printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jflowers

MIS
Jul 23, 2004
US
we have the citrix servers set up to logon anon but the printers mapping wont duplex if its a network printer. any ideas???????

I think there is a need for an FAQ on this. Although the PCL4 Citrix printer emulation is fine for general printer functionality, it doesn't handle niceties like duplex, tray mgmt etc. What you need to do is to actually add/install the driver for the printer on the server and setup the duplex settings on the printer (the printer could be mapped to LPT1 on the server -- it doesn't matter). Also your users need to have the duplex option enabled on their side also. Once they reconnect and auto-create their printer, the duplex setting should be avail to them.

duplexing is available if not connecting via citrix but once they contect to citrix the option is not there. I have tried installing on the server and mapping but still doesn't seem to work

j, as I mentioned you have to create a printer on the Citrix server using the appropriate driver (set its port to LPT1) even it is not physically installed and set the duplex option on this newly created printer. Once your users connect, their auto-connected printers will use the settings from the server based printer.

I've got the same problem. The printer does not exist on the server, it is autocreated when an "anonymous" user connects. The key that controls the duplexing etc. is in the current user key and dynamicly created when the user connects, so I can't set any default settings. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back