Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplex Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMiller

Programmer
Sep 12, 2003
US
We are in the process of upgrading the statements we generate to pressure sealed forms. In order to make use of the return address forms, it looks like duplex printnig will be required. How do I create and/or modify a report for duplex (2 sided) printing?

You haven't given any details on the reports current structure.

Assuming your address fields are in a seperated section(s) of your report...

Right click on the first band that has the address info in it and choose "New page before"

Mike

I understand that much. But I don't need to print it on a separate page. I need to print it on the back of the same form.

Right. So anything after the "new page after" becomes page two - or the back of page one. This is assuming, of course, that your duplex printer prints page one then flips the page and prints page two.

Mike

Matt-
I am currently working on a similar project. You must separate your report into odd and even pages. I designed my report to contain the primary data on the Odd pages and the return address on the even pages. For example, create a Group Header 1A and 1B. In the Section expert, click the NewPageAfter checkbox and enter the following formula:
GroupHeader 1A
Not OnFirstRecord and Remainder(PageNumber,2)= 0
This will force a new page when page number is even.
GroupHeader 1B
This group contains and displays the address fields.
No conditional formatting.
This might somewhat simplistic but, the general idea can be applied according to the complexity of your report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back