Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duplex print problem - Office XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rleeunc

MIS
Feb 28, 2001
US
I have several users with the following problem:
Word (Trying to print Duplex): "I'm getting the message that the margins are outside the printable area and am asked if I want to fix; I chose "no" because the margins are all set at one inch. I've gone into the print screen and taken off "scaling" and chosen "letter". When I do that, I only get "blank" pages to come off the printer. If I don't change it to "letter" I get the pages printed to the far right, with a 3 inch margin on the left. I've closed out of Word several times and nothing seems to work. If I print single pages (not duplex) it works fine. This does not happen "every" time with my documents, it is sporadic and is getting very aggravating."
The user is using Word XP and prints to a HP Color Laserjet 4500 with duplex and 500 sheet paper tray options. These documents printed fine to this printer from Office 97, but not now under Office XP. Thanks!!!

Rlee@ncdoi.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back