Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Duotones from PS5.0 don't print...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CindyBowman

Technical User
Jul 25, 2002
US
Is there a way to make duotones from Photoshop 5.0 print, besides opening them in 4.0 and saving from there? Has Adobe come up with a patch or anything?
It's a real pain going back and forth.

Simply change the mode to greyscale, then monotone, and in the monotone settings dialoge there will be a pull down menu where you can make up to a quad tone. BEHOLD! As Steve Jobs introduces us the latest in desk-lamp technology!

Thanks, jAQUAN,
but I think you misunderstood. I use the images as true spot color (Pantone) duotones (not 4C) in a 2-color publication. I can BUILD the duotones in PS5.0 -- no problem, but they are Postcript Level 3 and won't print on my printers -- either as separations, or as composite. They simply "disapppear". Everything else prints OK. To get them to print, I have to take them back to PS4.0 to get them to PS level 2, and resave from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back