Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dumping out the GPO on 600+ machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

deros68

Programmer
Oct 28, 2005
US
I have been tasked with preparing for a security audit of over 600+ W2K3 and W2K8 servers in a single domain. I have to prepare a script (zipped up) to give to the server admins - there are multiple server admin groups - for them to run as a batch script on EACH server.

I need the security data in a flat file format so that we can wrap it up into a PHP script and put it up on a Web browser.

So far - I plan to add this to the script:
secedit /export /mergedpolicy /cfg sec.pol.txt

I am having trouble understanding the secedit output - example:
[Registry Values]
machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\netlogon\parameters\signsecurechannel=4,1
machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\netlogon\parameters\sealsecurechannel=4,1
machine\system\currentcontrolset\services\netlogon\parameters\requiresignorseal=4,0

Which of the above matches the GUI output of gpedit.msc under the tags:

Domain member: Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data (always) Enabled
Domain member: Digitally encrypt secure channel data (when possible) Enabled
Domain member: Digitally sign secure channel data (when possible) Enabled

Will I have to change the registry , run secedit - view the ouput - change the registry - run secedit - and then see what value changes to verify the secedit output ? Maybe MS has some explanation of the value settings - somewhere ? In my experience 0 = off and 1 = on but looking at the secedir output that is NOT always true - also the registry entries from the secedit are cryptic and I am not certain what GUI entry they match !!

or --

Is there a better program to do this with ?? Can I script gpedit.msc to run in a batch mode - maybe via wmic ?? I can take HTML output and add it directly to the PHP code -but - so far I cannot get gpedit to run in batch and to export all the data.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back