Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dumping-buffer transfer error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter10

IS-IT--Management
Dec 22, 2002
FI
Hallo!

I have problem with
BUFFER TRANSFER ERROR 21:41 10FEB03
FAILED IN LIM002 FAM2.P

I have removed all call logging, started FAM2, SFCEI.

What to do next?

BC10CNA142/R1A, 2 LIM-system

peter

Peter,

I had this problem in 2 situations:

1. High inter-LIM traffic disturbs dump. Dump to be done late night.

2. Problems on HDU. Dusk to be unmount, reformatted and mount back.
To keep data in existing HDU (just in case), try to install new one and format it.

Regards

PS. If you don’t know how to change HDU procedure is this:

Blocking NIU/IPU-Port:
BLEQI:EQU=1-X-XX-0
FIMOE:SUBFS=SYSSUBFS11;
FIMOE:SUBFS=SYSSUBFS21;
IOSIE:NODE=SYSN,IODEV=SYSDISK1;

Change HDU
IOSII:NODE=SYSN,IODEV=SYSDISK1,SIPOS=3,SUBFS=SYSSUBFS11&SYSSUBFS21;
FICRI:SUBFS=SYSSUBFS11,SIZE=60;
Y;
FICRI:SUBFS=SYSSUBFS21,SIZE=60;
Y;
FIMOI:SUBFS=SYSSUBFS11;
FIMOI:SUBFS=SYSSUBFS21;
BLEQE:EQU=1-X-XX-0,ALLFM=YES;

This is tricky to fix. Sometimes it correct by itself. Is xfer error still there after the restart??? You don't need to delete all call logging data to fix this. Can you dump again and post ALLOP here. //patcher

I restarted LIM 2 where the FAM2 PU is and after that the dumping was ok.

Thanks

I have encountered this fault too a couple of times and to the list of possible causes I can add hardware problems. Once it was caused by a bad GJUL4 and once it was a DSU causing the problem.

Hi,
I have also faced this problem a lots of times and sometimes it was days I was unable to take a system dump just because of this error.Even though I used to dump the system at a very low traffic times.
Even restarts of the failed PU wouldnt help.
I had to reconfigure the whole GSM cables and made sure that GJLSP is clear before dumping the system.
You can also do a GJLSP a couple of times to clear minor errors and try. This really helped me but I had a big setup with 25 LIMs.
BR
Gallian

Hello,

After a failed backup, print the alarm log.

Normally after a buffer error, an alarm is issued (number 85).

Have a look on additional info to know where the problem is located (full description of additional info in dynatext/alex :basic\O&M\SES\General parameter\fault codes for SES )

Good luck
Regards
rorny

ive also had this as well if you have multiple links to lim 2 make the top link is the signaling link when you do a gjlsp if not change it to the top link by blocking the other link temp gjbli:gsside=,gsmult= when comex back executed unblock the link with gjble:gsmult=,gsside=
also have you any muxes or any other equipment sharing the system link as this can cause problems as well

I had this problem (alarm) several times.

Once the disk (HDU5) become noisy - red lamp was flashing - this situation lasted for about an hour. The system referred to the HDU continuously.

But when I did the DUBCI (and dumps were O.K.), the system referred to HDU as usual.

I can add one more cause...
If the GJTSC is set incorrectly you may this type of problem...

//LCDDI

I have the same problem a few times.

Once I replace the GJUL in the Lim. The other time I remove the harddisk and format it again.

Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back