Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dump tape contents

Status
Not open for further replies.

ww1977

Technical User
Dec 6, 2004
US
I am having problem recoving an NT file from tape. Getting tape unknown error. But I know which tape I want the contents from. Can I just dump the files on my desktop somehow.

I have recently been experiencing this problems and can't fix it:

--- Unsuccessful Save Sets ---

* dirtydog:bootstrap 1 retry attempted
* dirtydog:bootstrap nsrmmdbasm: failed to save /nsr/mm/mmvolume.s: access denied to media database
* dirtydog:bootstrap save: external ASM `nsrmmdbasm' exited with code 1
* dirtydog:bootstrap save: /nsr/mm/mmvolume6 was not successfully saved
* dirtydog:bootstrap save: RPC error: RPC cannot encode arguments
* dirtydog:bootstrap save: save of bootstrap to dirtydog failed

Unless you have forwarded another error report, this points to a problem saving the bootstrap, not recovering a file.
It looks like the media database has a problem or the NW server was unable to access it. Try to repair the media index first using the nsrck routines.

If you want a specific file version to recover you can do this. However, you must make sure that it is still browsable (the info is still in the file index). In this case you may try the following method:

nsrinfo client_name | grep file_name

This also reports the time the file has been backed up.
Now use mminfo to report the saveset information:

mminfo -q "savetime=your_time" -r "ssid, volume, pool"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back