Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dummy ACDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastcoast10

Technical User
Apr 11, 2011
CA
I have some familiarity with Nortels but don't classify myself as an expert. I am at a new site and I have the following issue:

I have a number of dummy ACD numbers pointing to applications in my CallPilot SDN table.

they all point towards announcements of one kind or the other and they are all programmed as you might expect with MAXP = 1 and NCFW pointing towards my voice messaging CDN [7888]. All as you might expect.

However I do have one ACDN that is the exception to that rule. This ACDN has MAXP set to 10 not 1, it has NCFW set to [7888]. Although MAXP is set to 10 there are no agents assigned to this ACD - and obviously no agents logged in. If you dial the number you can see it routing to the callpilot voice ports 7888-XXXX so it appears to be acting like a dummy ACDN.

So... is this an alternative method of defining a dummy ACDN - set MAXP to anything you desire but simply assign no agents to the ACD?

This application is a little different from the others using dummy ACDNs. The others are just announcements. This one asks for input from the user. It provides a menu of the form:
- if you need our address press 1
- if you require our telephone number press 2
- if you need our website url press 3.

Does the nature of this announcement have any impact on the configuration of what appears to be a dummy acdn?

Does the nature of this announcement have any impact on the configuration of what appears to be a dummy acdn?

Not at all, whoever configured the acdn with a maxp of 10 most likely fat finger, it has no impact to how the application works. You can make it maxp 100 and if no agents are assigned to this q it will act and behave just like a acdn with a maxp of 1

The programmer might think that setting it to 10 will enable 10 simultaneous call. From the CallPilot documentation, MAXP should be 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back