Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dumb XP Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyPo

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
I am running XP Home Edition.. My son did something to the system. It boots up ok, but when he clicks his 'user name' to log in, it goes to a blue screen and then stays there. The dumb question is, how do you go into safe mode on an XP machine? I've tried F8.

Thx

bcastner is right. Sometimes it is hard to press the button at the time you need. A safe way is to keep pressing f8 once you turn on the computer.

Hope that helps, if it doesnt tell us what brand of computer you have.

erm, i think theat th F8 function may be an issue because i know some manufactureres change the facility.

Try contacting your system manufacturer, they will be able to tell you, i know that DELL have about 4-5 different methods dependant on the model you are using.

Cheers, Rob

SGTRawlins: You're thinking about going into the BIOS setting. It's always F8 on XP.

--Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back