Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dumb question on login scripts and user profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDan

MIS
Nov 18, 1999
US
I know that to effectively manage my users, I need to be using login scripts and user profiles. I've tried to research the &quot;how to&quot; on the internet and at the bookstore but I can't seem to get a handle on exactly what I'm doing. The books I've purchased leave much to be desired, and in one case, it's just plane wrong. I'm trying to find a site on the web that will give a good explanation of how to set up users so that I can have good security, so that they can roam and take their desktop with them, etc, etc. Does anyone have any good links to sites that would offer some information.<br>
<br>
Thanks in advance.<br>
<br>
Dan Moore<br>
<A HREF="mailto:mooredan@jddealer.com">mooredan@jddealer.com</A>

A coulple links I would take a look at are:<br>
<br>
<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"><br>
If you are really masocistic and want to look at the Resource Kit -- <A HREF=" TARGET="_new">

Just took a quick look at ntfaq. Looks like I'll find what I need. Thank you very much.<br>
<br>
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back