Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dumb question on debug

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbeazley

MIS
Aug 22, 2002
CA
Can anyone remember the command used in a router config to allow for a clear line on the router while debug is running ?

Do you mean you don't want to see debugging messages on the console port?

Actually I DO want to see the message but there is a command that allows me to have a buffered window but I don't think the command is 'logging buffered'.

Logging buffer will put the logs into the buffer so you can see them with the "show log" command.

logging monitor or no loggin monitor should turn on/off the logging to the screen when in telnet.

Logging console is for when connected via the console port.

I can't say 100% that I'm correct on the above. I'm trying to do this by memory. If you go to and search for logging monitor or buffer or one of the above, I'm pretty sure you'll get the exact syntax.

If you do a "no logging console", that will stop the router from logging to the CLI when you are connected to the serial console port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back