Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dumb but maybe not-so-dumb formatting question -

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFuzzwah

MIS
Mar 28, 2011
US
Ok - when you bring a field of data from a table into CR it sits in it's 'box' differently from one field to another causing the rightmost chars to not line up. The 'boxes' are aligned on the rights but the data sits differently horizontally in the 'box'. I have to grab the right side of the box and drag it to the left as far as I can and with the grid this takes up a lot of time and I know CR must have a better way to do this. My data is correct and I can get the fields to look OK but if there is a faster/better way to do this - please share!

YOu can use guides in View menu select Rulers and check design.

When you click in the side ruler arae a guide automatically appears you can snap objects to these to line up

Text boxes and fields always struggle to line up. So I simply add the field to its own text box and data will now align perfectly.
Down side of doing this is if you export to Excel and data is truncated in Report Preview it will truncate in excel. Whereas data fields on their own even if truncated in Report view will export all data to excel.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back