Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dualk monitor connection to projector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ianlog

Technical User
Nov 6, 2003
GB
Can someone help please? I'm running Xp with Sp2.
I'm setting up a laptop to use dual monitors for Powerpoint presentations etc.(connecting to a projector) All works great with the lead connected to the monitor port on the laptop. But I want to use a usb wireless transmitter which comes with the projector. Once this is connected up I don't have the dual screen option under my display settings. I'm guessing Xp is recognising the lead connected to the monitor port and when it's not there it "disables" the option.
Can someone tell me if there are any other settings I need to change to get this to work?

Thanks in anticipation

Surely there must be some driver software to redirect video out the USB port.

The WiJET.Video can be physically connected to a remote display through a variety of interfaces including composite video*, S-video, component video or 15-pin VGA connector. A software program provided by OTC Wireless that runs on most computers equipped with an 802.11b or 802.11g wireless LAN card, will allow the computers screen image to be transmitted wirelessly to the WiJET.Video and displayed through its connected projector or monitor. The software also allows the computer to connect to the Internet, or LAN, and the projector/monitor simultaneously via an access point. You can display the web page or the information from other computers on the network directly through the projector/monitor wirelessly. With the WiJET.Video, instead of having to unplug and re-plug the video cable, multiple presenters can take turns connecting to the remote display by a simple mouse click from the program running on their computers. The WiJET.Video supports the standard, 64-bit WEP encryption, and also offers 128-bit enhanced encryption to ensure wireless link security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back