Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dual Screen: Why does 2nd screen go inactive???

Status
Not open for further replies.

amg55

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2002
IE
Hello

Have an XP Fat Client, dual screen using NViDIA dual connection video card,and with ICA client ver 10 installed.Card was installed as plug & play i.e. used OS driver, didn't install anything from CD.
User logs on to fat client, then double clicks ICA connection & using pass through authentication logs into Citrix. Then drags Citrix screen across to right hand monitor. So far so good.Left hand monitor via fat client is primarily used to browse an Internet application, all general work done in Citrix on right hand screen.
Issue: if Citrix screen on right is left idle for about 30 seconds, screen goes inactive & blue bar at top has to be clicked to re activate.It's a real nuisance for user(only one)as he could be typing away,pause to read a document on his desk, try to continue typing & discover screen has gone inactive.

Any/all help appreciated

AMG55

Sounds like a setup or deficiency in NVIDIA, when I say deficiency, I mean, isn't aware of what is going on.

1 very quick alternative, is to switch the monitors round. You did say 1 user.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Hello Scot

Tried the monitor swap. Didn't work.....
Yes it is 1 user, but more users will get same setup and are on hold till this gets fixed.

What appens when you run it without Citrix, i.e. just fat client ?

Publish control panel for that user, and make sure no silly settinggs in display.

[blue] A perspective from the other side!![/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Instead of running dual displays with extended desktop try doing a horizontal span of the desktop across both monitors and see if you have the same issue. Also in the past we've had issues with published applications on dual displays if the primary monitor is not the left most. Don't ask me why but we had to make sure the left monitor is the primary, at least in Metaframe XP.

Hi Guys

Just getting to read your replies....

Scott
Haven't got round to your latest tip. but will

XRJoe
Left monitor is the primary. When building PC, my natural reaction was to have left most monitor as primary. It just felt right to do it this way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back